Saturday, January 22, 2011

Homemade Mozzarella Sticks

Both my husband and I love mozzarella sticks and I was really excited to find a homemade mozzarella stick recipe from Kaitlin in the Kitchen. Her recipe turned out great although I tweaked it a bit because I only made enough for just my husband and I. Thanks Kaitlin in the Kitchen!

3 mozzarella sticks, cut in half 
1/4 cup flour 
1/4 cup bread crumbs 
1 egg, beaten

1 cup of cooking oil 
Parsley (I ended up forgetting to put parsley on them but would for sure do it next time!)

Cut the string cheese in half, coat with flour, egg, and then roll in bread crumbs. Place on freezer safe plate and place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Heat oil in skillet and place breaded mozzarella sticks into the oil until golden brown. Place onto paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with garnish. 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Appetizer (8) Breads (4) Breakfast (8) Chicken (21) Dessert (1) Fish (4) Italian (1) Main Dish (15) Meat (4) Mexican (6) Pasta (14) Pizza (9) Pork (2) Salad (5) Sandwich (1) Seafood (1) Shrimp (3) Side Dish (10) Slow Cooker (1) Soup (6) Sweets (13) Turkey (5) Vegetarian (4)

Search This Blog

Followers