Sunday, January 16, 2011

Chicken-Bacon Pizza Wrap

I have been doing a lot of blog reading lately. Mostly on cooking and baking blogs trying to get new ideas for recipes. I have found some really great ones and will be using them in the near future. Tonight I decided to try a recipe that I found at Kaitlin in the Kitchen called Chicken and Bacon Wrap. It was absolutely delicious. She has a lot of great recipes, check her out!
2 chicken thighs 
3 pieces of bacon 
1/2 cup onion 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 cup cheddar cheese 
1 cup mexican cheese 

1 package pizza dough by Pillsbury ( I was lazy so I decided to use this instead of making homemade dough. We both really liked the crescent roll taste and I would definitely use it again for this recipe. )

1. Preheat oven to 450. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Cook in skillet with onions and olive oil. Add bacon after cooking according to package directions. 

2. Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough into a rectangle. Spoon the mixture down the middle of the dough, in about a 2-inch strip. Sprinkle the mixture with the cheese. With a pizza cutter, cut about 13 strips on each side of the mixture, then fold strips, alternating from side to side to form a braid. With a pastry brush, brush dough with egg wash, completely covering the whole surface area. Bake in a pre-heated 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
 


 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Appetizer (8) Breads (4) Breakfast (8) Chicken (21) Dessert (1) Fish (4) Italian (1) Main Dish (15) Meat (4) Mexican (6) Pasta (14) Pizza (9) Pork (2) Salad (5) Sandwich (1) Seafood (1) Shrimp (3) Side Dish (10) Slow Cooker (1) Soup (6) Sweets (13) Turkey (5) Vegetarian (4)

Search This Blog

Followers