Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lime Rubbed Shrimp

     I was a bit nervous to try this recipe as it had grapefruit as one of it's main ingrediants but it seemed great for summertime so I just went for it. I was suprised by the way it turned out and pleased with the flavor. Seth isn't a huge fan of grapefruits, and actually probably not a fan at all. As I was making the dinner and trying the pieces of grapefruit along the way, I started to get worried that Seth really wasn't going to like the dinner at all. To my suprise, he actually like it although I am sure he won't be begging for it anytime in the near future. 

2  limes
1 tablespoon(s) sugar
2  Ruby Red or Rio Star grapefruit
1/4 cup(s) packed fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
12 ounce(s) peeled deveined shrimp (16- to 20-count)
1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
1 head(s) butter lettuce, leaves torn ( I just used enough lettuce for two medium sized salads)
1  avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced

1. From limes, grate 1/4 teaspoon peel; squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Set peel aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat sugar, and lime juice to boiling on high, stirring. Remove from heat and let stand.
 
2. With knife, cut peel and white pith from grapefruit; discard. Holding grapefruit, 1 at a time, over medium bowl, cut out segments between membranes. Squeeze membranes to release remaining juice into bowl. Discard seeds. Thinly slice half of mint.

3. Preheat grill pan or prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium-high.
 
4. Rub oil all over shrimp. Sprinkle sliced mint, lime peel, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon salt all over shrimp. Grill 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp just turn opaque throughout, turning over once.

5. Pour lime mixture through sieve over grapefruit. . Gently stir to mix.

6. Divide lettuce and mint leaves among 4 plates. Top with shrimp, avocado, and grapefruit mixture.
 
Recipe from Good Housekeeping, May 2011

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Appetizer (8) Breads (4) Breakfast (8) Chicken (21) Dessert (1) Fish (4) Italian (1) Main Dish (15) Meat (4) Mexican (6) Pasta (14) Pizza (9) Pork (2) Salad (5) Sandwich (1) Seafood (1) Shrimp (3) Side Dish (10) Slow Cooker (1) Soup (6) Sweets (13) Turkey (5) Vegetarian (4)

Search This Blog

Followers